This year our Christmas Eve service will be at Calvary UMC. The service will be Sunday, December 24 at 7 PM. We will celebrate Holy Communion and sing “Silent Night” by candlelight. All are welcome!
On December 17, Calvary UMC will have their 2017 Christmas Cantata. Several folks from Cheat Lake UMC will be part of the choir. The cantata will start at 6:30 PM in their sanctuary. It will be an excellent way to prepare for the season of Christmas. All are welcome!
This Sunday, we will have our annual Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner. The dinner will start after worship (around 12 PM). We will provide the main course. Everyone is invited to bring a side dish or dessert to share. All are welcome!
- November 29 – Advent Bible Study (10 AM)
- December 2 – Christmas Bazaar at Calvary UMC (9 AM – 3 PM)
- December 3 -Hanging of the Greens and Fellowship Event (after worship)
- December 6 – Advent Bible Study (10 AM)
- December 10 – Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner (after worship)
- December 13 – Advent Bible Study (10 AM)
- December 16 – UMW Holiday Dinner (2 PM)
- December 17 – Christmas Cantata at Calvary UMC (6:30 PM)
- December 20 – Advent Bible Study (10 AM)
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Service at Calvary UMC (7 PM)
Cheat Lake UMC is having a free breakfast for veterans on November 11 from 8 AM-10 AM. Breakfast includes biscuits and gravy. For non-veterans, breakfast is available for purchase as part of our ongoing basement sale.
The United Methodist Women are hosting a rummage sale tomorrow (November 10) and Saturday (November 11). We have clothes, household items, knick-knacks, food, and baked goods. On Saturday, veterans will receive a free breakfast. The doors open at 8 AM and close at 3 PM. All are welcome.
Daylight Saving Time Ends Saturday night/Sunday morning (November 4/November 5). Please remember to set your clock back an hour before you go to bed.
On Sunday, at Calvary UMC, Michael Neusch will be doing a book signing for his book The Essential Christ. In the book, Michael looks at the question why Jesus and how to live the faithful life. Anyone who attends will receive a free copy. The book signing starts at 2 PM. Michael will discuss his book. After a time of questions, there will be a time of fellowship in the social hall. Everyone is welcome.
Calvary UMC and Cheat Lake UMC are starting a skill-based support group for the loved ones of those struggling with addiction The group will meet on Tuesdays from 7 PM to 8:30 PM at Cheat Lake UMC (750 Fairchance RD, Morgantown WV 26508). All are welcome. Our first meeting will be November 7. Below is our meeting dates for November and December. The group’s Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/cheatlakebeyondaddiction/.
- November 7 (7 PM to 8:30 PM)
- November 14 (7 PM to 8:30 PM)
- November 28 (7 PM to 8:30 PM)
- December 5 (7 PM to 8:30 PM)
- December 12 (7 PM to 8:30 PM)
- December 19 (7 PM to 8:30 PM)
Cheat Lake United Methodist Church is having a Soup Beans and Corn Bread Supper on Saturday, October 21. The dinner will be from 4 PM to 7 PM. Dinner includes desserts and beverages. The cost is seven dollars and tickets are available. All are welcome!